Dr. Siva Sundaresan

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 3 continued...

Mostly over the last few days I have been meeting with people tha tare involved with the center and education program that LEWA is starting.  The teacher I am workign with is named Ephantus.  He is a Kenyan man that knows so much about wildlife and conservation.  We have had fun teaching and working together.


I wanted to share a few more pictures.  I am staying in a mud house (it stays nice and cool) with my own room.  The vervet monkeys come through each morning looking for food so we have to keep our eating area door shut at mealtimes!  They are quick and sneaky.

Oh, and last quesiton that I didn't get to in the last post- What does LEWA stand for?  I don't think that is stands for anything, it is a name, however it is always in capital letters.  I'll ask around Monday when everyone is back around and see if I can find out some background on the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment